Copyright, Reproduction & Permission
This website is provided by Potomac Hills Presbyterian Church (PHPC) of Leesburg, Virginia, for the spiritual nourishment of the congregation and to encourage the spread of the gospel to the surrounding community, and ultimately to the world, through the proclamation of God's Word. Visitors are encouraged to visit often and freely use anything on this site, subject to the following conditions.
1. Unless specifically noted, any and all material appearing on the PotomacHills.org website, or any other PHPC owned, operated, licensed or controlled site, is copyright by the author. Nevertheless, PHPC retains the right to publish, sell, and otherwise disseminate any material that was delivered under the auspices of PHPC unless the author reserves the right in advance.
2. Sermons at PHPC are sometimes delivered extemporaneously. While these messages are lightly edited for internet use, they are not prepared for publication. No attempt has been made to alter the basic extemporaneous delivery style, or to produce a grammatically accurate, fully cited, publication-ready manuscript, conforming to an established style template. Consequently these messages may occasionally contain material not fully or properly cited or attributed and not original to the particular speaker. In such situations, neither the speaker nor the church asserts ownership to such material. Please note Copyright Infringement Disclaimer listed below.
3. Should there be questions regarding grammatical irregularities or theological content of any material originating on the PHPC website, the reader should presume any error to be with the author or original speaker and should contact the author/speaker directly.
PHPC exists to serve the King and His kingdom. We desire to offer Christ, as He is freely offered in the Scriptures, without cost. Our transcripts and audio files are available for you to download for personal use without cost. They may not, however, be reproduced for resale or redistribution without written permission.
1. Permitted limited reproduction - Quotations, citations, and references
Permission is granted for short quotations from the PHPC website, provided the author and source of each quotation is properly noted. Short quotations are specifically that--not entire sermons or articles. If you desire to reference content from this website, please do so with a short quotation and provide a direct link to the main article or sermon on the PHPC website.
2. Quotation Format:
David V. Silvernail, Jr., "The Grace of Christ", Potomac Hills Presbyterian Church, Leesburg, VA. As downloaded on October 5, 2006, URL:
Framing of pages from this website is expressly prohibited. Framing consists of using an article or content from our website in such a way that it appears to be part of another website; whether in whole or in part, even if credited to the author. Stripping original content of its source Universal Resource Locator (URL), then reformatting and placing it within another website, which often contains ads, banners, and material which PHPC may or may not endorse, might lead viewers/readers to assume that PHPC endorses or approves of everything on that website.
2. Complete Content Copying.
Copying complete content (a complete sermon, a complete article, a complete theological treatise) from the PHPC website to your own website without written permission, whether the original formatting is retained or not, whether the author is cited or not, and whether the source Universal Resource Locator (URL) is retained or not, is a violation of United States copyright law. It is illegal. If you desire to reproduce our content in total, please contact us for written permission.
1. Linking to PHPC.
Links from other websites to www.PotomacHills.org. PHPC permits all links which do not alter the content of the www.PotomacHills.org website in any way, and which keep the source of the contents fully identifiable. Please observe the requirements for proper reproduction and copyright. PHPC reserves the right to change the Universal Resource Locators (URLs) for subpages at any time; it is your responsibility to verify your links to our subpages.
2. Links from PHPC.
PHPC generally provides links to sites with information that supports and is consistent with the PHPC mission. All offsite links are to websites that are owned and operated by third parties. PHPC publishes links to websites maintained by third parties on an as-is basis and without warranties either express or implied. In keeping with our education and teaching mission, some sites with polemical material are included. We do not control these third party sites and cannot be responsible for the content within them. We do attempt to screen sites; however, we do not warrant the content published to be accurate, current, reliable or inoffensive. You access and use these sites solely at your own risk. The existence of these links does not mean PHPC approves or endorses the content on these web pages to which we link. If you wish to obtain, copy, distribute, display, or use material from a third-party site you should contact that site's webmaster directly. If you discover a link on the PHPC website that is no longer valid, please notify us and we will attempt to update the link.
3. Reciprocal Linking.
The PHPC website does not enter into reciprocal link agreements. You are welcome to link to the PHPC website, but we will not guarantee that we will provide a link to your site from the PHPC website. Similarly, if PHPC creates a link to your site, you are not obligated to provide a link back to the PHPC site. PHPC will review the overall content of the website requesting a link on the PHPC website and reserves the right not to link to the site. If your site does not offer links you should consider adding them before asking for a link.
4. Removing Links.
PHPC reserves the right to remove any link at any time.
Commercial Sponsorship and Advertising
The PHPC website does not enter into commercial sponsorships, accept advertisements, or provide endorsements.
Short List of Rules
1. You may link to our home/index page, www.PotomacHills.org
2. You may "deep link" directly to any page on the PHPC website
3. You may use short citations/references/quotes from the PHPC website provided the source is properly acknowledged.
4. You may not frame any page on our site within your website. No exceptions are permitted.
5. You may not take or use an entire page from our website and use it within your own, whether the original text font is retained or reformatted, whether the author is cited or not, and whether the original Universal Resource Locator (URL) is included or not. If you desire to completely reproduce our content in it entirety, you must have written permission from the webmaster.
6. Any link to our site should be a full forward link that passes the client browser to our site unencumbered. The BACK button should return the visitor to your site if the visitor wishes to back out. You should not link to individual graphics or tables within our pages, especially in an effort to place the downloading burden on our servers.
When you browse our website, you do so anonymously. We do not automatically collect personal information, including your email address.
PHPC respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, The Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"), Pub. L. 105-304 requires that all infringement claims must be in writing and must include the following information:
1. an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
2. a description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
3. a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the site;
4. your address, telephone number, and email address;
5. a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright or intellectual property owner, its agent, or the law;
6. a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
Copyright and Use of Materials from Others
PHPC cannot grant permission for you to copy, distribute, display or use any material appearing on this site, or material to which we link, that is owned or copyrighted by others, including video or audio clips, documents, articles, photographs or images. Only the person holding that copyright can grant permission. If you are unsure if material is original PHPC material, or may be owned by a third person, you can contact us.
Right to Change
PHPC reserves the right to change these conditions at any time, by posting the revised conditions here.
The PotomacHills.org website and any other PHPC owned, operated, licensed or controlled site operates under the oversight of the Session of PHPC.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this site, you signify your assent to PHPC and PotomacHills.org. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our sites. Your continued use of the PotomacHills.org and affiliated sites after the posting of changes to these terms will mean you accept those changes.
Copyright © Potomac Hills Presbyterian Church of Leesburg, Virginia – 2010