Why does Potomac Hills use Realm?
- Realm is a tool, like your phone. It’s a means to communicate quickly and effectively with individuals and groups. Realm provides an easy, safe and simple way to communicate various types of information, both on church-wide level, within a multitude of smaller groups and between individuals.
Is Realm just another social network?
- No. Popular social networks like Facebook and Twitter are geared towards individuals and their needs. Realm is geared toward groups and the needs of the local church. Also, whereas most social networks replace community, Realm works to foster and supplement community by connecting members with the church leadership and each other.
How will the church communicate via Realm?
- Our pastors and leaders will communicate with the church in sharing news, ministry opportunities, prayer requests and event information on Realm. Ministry Leaders and leaders of Volunteer Ministries will also be using Realm to communicate with their groups and group members through about events, schedules, news, prayers, needs, and opportunities to serve.
How do I use Realm?
There are a few steps to get you signed up and plugged in to Realm:
- Sign-Up: email akpogany(at)potomachills.org and say "Sign Me Up," and you will receive an email invitation to join Realm
- Create a Username & Password
- Create Your Profile (About, Picture, Email Settings, Address, etc.)
- Join the Ministry Groups & Volunteer Ministry Groups that you are interested in
- Receive news, event, and calendar updates, as well as send and receive messages and information about Potomac Hills!
Does Realm have a mobile App?
- Yes. The Realm Connect iPhone app is available in the App Store, and the Android app in the Google Play Store.
Can children use Realm?
- We are in full compliance with COPPA principles, and we are committed to the safe protection of your children online. Currently, we do not allow children under 13 to create or maintain an account on Realm. For children between the ages of 13 and 18, we have created additional safeguards to help parents maintain the safety of their children.